Marion Cares has had a record number of sign-ups for our Backpack to School Project with over 400 students! We are seeing a greater need this year as the pandemic continues to impact families right here at home. Our process for this project has changed slightly so here is a list of steps on how you can be involved!
1. Click Here to sign up to adopt a student.
- Each sign up slot is for a specific local child in need. Once you sign up, you will receive a confirmation email as well as reminders in the coming weeks.
- Once you purchase the backpack and specific supplies, please write the child code number on a piece of paper and put it in the front pocket of the backpack. This identification will help us when we distribute to the students.
- Have your backpack to Marion Methodist by Sunday, August 2. Backpacks can be dropped off inside the West Side Vestibule Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Thursday evenings 6:00 - 8:00 pm or Sunday, August 2 from 5:00 - 7:00 pm.
2. If you don't feel comfortable shopping for items, you may make a donation online https://marioncares.org/donate/ or mail a check to our office (Marion Cares 1050 McGowan Blvd Marion, IA 52302) with "Backpack to School" in the memo. These donations will benefit students in need throughout this uncharacteristic school year.
Thank you for your continued support during these uncertain times. Your generosity is a lifeline to many families in our community and is a shining example of Christ's love and compassion to vulnerable populations in our city.